We have heard that influencer marketing has revolutionized the marketing industry. Influencers have the power to build a brand by generating more leads, creating an advertisement that can’t be blocked, and gain the audience’s trust.
With increasing digitization, even shopping has become an online phenomenon. 8 out of 10 Americans shop online. Social media has more reach when it comes to influencing people’s purchasing decisions than a celebrity advertisement on television. 47% of people turn to blogs or social media before buying anything.
Keeping this trend in mind, 53% of marketers say that blogs are still a top marketing priority. Blog posts not just generate more traffic but also have a longer lifespan. Unlike social media posts, blog posts are indexed by search engines and live for years to come.
Guest posts work in two ways. One is you open your brand’s website to blog posts from influencers. Or, as a brand, you post on influential bloggers’ websites.
Opening up your website to guest posts from influencers can lead to some high-quality, informative content. This will help increase awareness of your brand, as the influencer will share the post on social media. That will also help to increase traffic to the blog post.
The second approach is to post articles on other websites and blogs that are relevant to your brand and which target your niche audience. Influencers who write about or engage with your industry are a good choice since they can align their expertise with your brand.
When it comes to B2B marketing, guest blog posts are a trusted traditional marketing method. They are a great way to get valuable insights from industry professionals or experts in your field.
Bryan Harris, founder of marketing consultancy, Videofruit, saw phenomenal growth in website traffic after his guest post on the Okdork blog. There was an increase of over 500% in page views with unique page views jumping over 600%. An 8% increase was seen in the average time visitors spent on each page, and also a 6% decline in bounce rate.
To promote the 2014 Content Marketing World conference, TopRank Online Marketing and Content Marketing Institute collaborated with 40 influencers. The influencers, who were from LinkedIn, Facebook, Kapost, MarketingProfs, and Copyblogger were asked for insights on content marketing.
All of these insights and expert advice was compiled into ebooks which were published on the TopRank blog.
- Pick the right influencers who belong to your niche. Experts from your industry would understand and identify with your brand thus creating a more informed post.
- The length of the post should be determined in advance. Generally a longer blog post gets indexed more with search engines.
- Creative freedom for the post should be the influencer’s. Their style and voice will make the post fresh and also sound more credible.
- Whether you want a product review or a brand analysis, let the influencer know so that the post can be structured accordingly.
- Budget should be made keeping in mind the longevity of the post and also its lasting impact.
- Instead of multiple influencers, choose 2 or 3 who know your brand and industry the best.
- Get the influencers to share the link to your blog post on social media to drive traffic.
Guest posts help attract more business to your websites. There are dual advantages of a blog post. Not only do they get listed on search engines, but they can also be shared on social media. Blog posts are also an excellent way to introduce your brand product to the people. Consumers get a good feel and genuine feedback about the brand without having to put in any effort from their end.