Did you know that tweets from influencers and brands combined can increase purchase intent by 5.2X? Before buying anything, people turn to blog reviews or social media.
This is where influencer marketing comes into play. It is one of the fastest methods of acquiring customers online. However, getting stellar results from your campaign requires effective planning.
Here are 10 influencer marketing strategies you should follow to achieve phenomenal results:
- Discount Codes: Discounts compel a customer to make a purchase by giving them an incentive. Combining an influencer’s post with a unique code gives the audience an additional nudge towards a purchase.
- Branded Blog Posts: These are commissioned by a brand, and go a long way in boosting sales and increasing brand awareness. They provide more information about your brand and products. Blog posts get indexed by search engines, and hence have a longer lifespan.
- Brand Mentions: One of the most effective marketing strategies, a brand mention on social media has a much wider reach. Brand mentions lead to more digital conversations and a wider social engagement. Mentions of a brand on social media can boost brand awareness immensely.
- Giveaways: Competitions and giveaways create a sense of excitement in a consumer. They offer the chance of the thrill of winning something. They also encourage your audience to engage more with your content.
- Long-Term Partnerships/Ambassador Programs: When an influencer becomes the face of a brand, it is similar to a brand endorsement. The ambassador uses his social media accounts to spread the word about the brand. It also has a long-term value since it has the potential to attract loyal customers.
- Events: It is a great way to have a personal interaction with the influencer, and also to network with influential people. Media coverage and influencer posts on social media platforms about the event leads to more brand awareness.
- Takeovers: Here an influencer take over a brand’s social media account for a pre-decided period of time, and posts on its behalf. This way, a brand gets new content and get more followers.
- Guest Posts: This can work in two ways. You can ask influencers to post on your website. Or, as a brand, you can post on an influencer’s websites. This generates informative content, and also increases a brand’s visibility.
- Free Products: Sending free products to an influencer is a popular alternative to paid influencer promotion. Influencers can be asked to review the products in exchange.
- Challenge Your Influencers: Competitions are fun, and when it’s among influencers, it can boost a brand’s visibility and engagement. Winning criteria for influencers is based on social shares or traffic generated for the brand’s website.
If you incorporate any of these strategies into your influencer marketing campaign, you are bound to succeed. You can choose any or all of these depending on your campaign goals. You can read the details and examples of each of these strategies in the illustrated gifographic below. Please feel free to add comments and share.