The success of influencer marketing can be gauged from the fact that it can generate 11X ROI as compared to other marketing strategies. An influencer has tremendous reach on social media.
Spending time on social media has already taken over other regular activities like eating and socializing. It is social media that consumers turn to before making any buying decisions.
Influencer marketing helps brands reach out to their consumers in a direct, authentic, and organic manner. Marketers not only use social media for promotions, but there has been greater engagement on social media with consumers. This space is being used for reviews, genuine feedback, and also to provide customer support.
Choosing the right influencer to endorse your brand is crucial for a successful campaign. Influencers need to identify and understand a brand’s value to be able to promote it authentically. Brands also need to build long-term relationships with influencers.
Events are a great way to get influencers on board. During an event, influencers can experience the brand, and network with the other stakeholders. Media coverage and influencer posts about the event can boost brand awareness. At an event, you can engage with a diverse mix of influencers, and it is also a great way to maximize coverage of the event.
Fashion brand, Chanel, invited top influencers to their production facilities and flower fields in Grasse, France. The idea was to build awareness about their perfume, Chanel No. 5. Influencers were shown around the production facility. They also got an inside look at how the iconic brand makes their popular perfumes.
Chanel created the branded hashtags, #newchanel5 and #chanelgrasse for the event. The hashtags were used by influencers when they shared pictures from the tour.
Influencers like Julie Sariñana (4.7 million Instagram followers) and Jessica Mercedes Kirschner (841,000 Instagram followers) were among those invited. They shared some beautiful pictures on social media, drawing tens of thousands of likes.
- To ensure that the event is a success, compile a list of all possible influencers who may be interested in aligning themselves with your brand. Try to find influencers who are interested in spreading the word about your brand, not just for the event, but after as well.
- Send out invites to the guests well in advance and don’t forget the “plus ones.” People are more likely to turn up for an event if they can bring a partner or a friend along.
- Influencers are gifted content creators, but you have to give them something good to work with. Imagery can make all the difference. The event venue should give the influencers opportunities to take interesting, visually appealing pictures that they can share on social media.
- Since the event is about your brand or product, it should be prominently showcased in the décor and the invites. A unique event hashtag will also encourage more digital conversations, which can be followed and tracked even after the event is over.
- Dress codes, if any, should be specified on the invites including additional information like parking and transportation.
Events are also a great way to promote a new product launch and introduce them to the market. Influencers get a chance to understand your brand better.
The social buzz around an event helps increase brand awareness, and also exposes it to the target audience. Through posts by influencers, (before, during, and after), an event can greatly increase your social media presence. There is also a lot of fresh, reusable content that is generated at such events.
The experience that influencers get from events go a long way in fostering long-term relationships with them. You can even build a community of influencers with similar interests through events.